Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Did You Know July was National Vacation Rental Month?


This July, just like every July before it, we will be packing up and hitting the road for a little R&R. Growing up some of my best memories were made on summer vacations, and I certainly want exactly the same for the Grayson Boy.  Some of my best and earliest memories were of sand in my swimsuit and tasting the salt in the air. Since the kid has recently decided that the sandbox is the coolest thing since sliced bread, I knew it was time to head to the beach.
  
This year I knew we had to have certain creature comforts- gone were the days when we would pile into a hotel room and sleep on the floor and eat out every meal. Not only can that get uber expensive, it's also just not really healthy for the toddler to know how to order room service. Plus, knowing we would be going with my mother and my in-laws, I knew there was no way that we could all snuggle up in one room. We need our space and separate bathrooms. We are not that close of a group- if you catch my drift. So I knew this year we would be looking for an actual vacation home.  However I was really sad to give up the comforts of a hotel- like a concierge desk, Wi-Fi, Shuttle Services and oh yeah,  housekeeping. I really love the housekeeping. After all vacation is the one time of the year where I can throw my dirty towels on the floor and not make my bed and someone else comes in and picks them up, brings me fresh towels and makes the bed. I was not really ready to give up THAT- after all, it's my vacation too!
 
 
All of the space and amenities of a house like a full kitchen, multiple bedrooms and a washer and dryer in unit PLUS the creature comforts of a hotel? Sign me up!
 
Knowing I wanted to keep bean on somewhat of a regular routine, I had to keep a few things in mind for my search. He needed his own room, we had to have Wi-Fi for his iPad and I wanted a pool incase he decided he hated the salt water. Plus I wanted a place that looked family friendly, as I didn't want to spend the whole trip following him around terrified he would ruin the place. I also knew I wanted to book with a professional- no shady dealings going on here.  My in-laws would be traveling from Tennessee and we would be hoofing it from Pittsburgh, so we wanted somewhere either in North or South Carolina to kind of make it even on the driving or flying distance.
 
 I was thrilled to see that in the United States, Wyndham Vacation Rentals' properties range from private homes, resorts condos and villas in beach destinations such as Florida, South Carolina, Delaware and Alabama's Gulf Coast to mountain-side condos and luxury cabins in Colorado, Utah, Tennessee and Idaho.  While the condos in Colorado looked AMAZING this Mama needs a beach.  We decided to look at beach front properties in South Carolina, either Charleston or Hilton Head because we could fly into those fairly cheaply. Although I totally will be coming back to use Wyndham Vacation Rentals when we book our condo in Colorado for our ski-cation this winter.
 
Using the site was super easy, and it was super fast to find a house that met all of our needs. I hate when you put in that you need a house that holds six, but you end up with three bedrooms that have rooms that have two twins. No adult wants to sleep in a twin bed. Wyndham has a special feature in their advanced search to make sure you get exactly what you're looking for.
 
 
 What my search yielded was the most beautiful array of homes- here are a few of the drool-worthy possibilities we had to choose from.
 
 
 
 Um, I'll take them all?
 
Hubs, being the doubting Thomas he is, said that these houses couldn't be as good as they seem. But I knew that if we booked through Wyndham, we wouldn't have to worry because they we would be booking with a professionally managed vacation rental provider. Plus Wyndham Vacation Rentals® has this amazing "Vacation Rental Bill of Rights®". Which is basically a service pledge ensuring quality standards  including vetted rentals with accurate images, comprehensive customer service and real-time payment and bookings. Knowing it's coming from the Wyndham name that alone gives it a solid reputation, but having this Bill of Rights makes your decision to book through Wyndham Vacation Rentals easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.
 
The best part? Right now Wyndham Vacation Rentals is offering summer deals at up to 35 percent off nightly rates on bookings made throughout July at Wyndham Vacation Rentals website! So what are you waiting for, go book yourself a vacation rental and reward yourself with a little vacation- tell your hubs I said you deserve it :)
   
 

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)