Monday, August 27, 2012

Show & Tell Link-Up- Showing off our wedding!

Back from the beach (boo!!) in time to link up with Becky to show off the day I went from Miss to Mrs!
 

 
1. Are you married? If so, when did you get married and tell us about your special day.
 
Patrick and I got married on October 30, 2010 on a beautiful fall day and it was in a word, perfect.
The one thing I was adamant on was that I wanted to get married in the church I grew up in, because my parents and grandparents were both married there. I DIYed a ton of stuff for the big day- the invites, programs, bridesmaid jewelry, ceremony decor, flower girl flowers, reception centerpieces, and aisle runner all to match my pink and pewter shabby chic theme- and save myself TONS of cash.  Our wedding also included so many personal touches- like the groom wearing custom Nike Shox and the groomsmen all wearing sneakers of their choice. We have big families, and are both criers so we decided to do a first look that was just for us- rather than him seeing me for the first time as I walked down the aisle with everyone else. It was so nice to have those few minutes to ourselves that day, so we could really express what we were feeling to each other.
 
 
 
 
2. Show us some wedding pictures!
 
My husband played hockey the morning of our wedding- eek!
 
 
The other shoe had our initals monogramed into it :)
 
 
Best friends- Elementary School, College, Birth. Love them!
 
 
Taken at Duquesne University- where we met waaayy back in 2003
 
That cake- it was funfetti :)
 
3. How about the engagement? Tell us your story.
 
Patrick did it while we were putting up our Christmas tree in December 2009. He invited his cousin and his family over, and his three year old buddy Gavin was helping us by picking up ornaments and handing them to me.  He reached into the ornament box and pulled out a ring box and walked over to me and said "Here Besamy, this is for you!"  and in my stupidity I was trying to figure out what ornament we put in a ring box until I looked up and Patrick was staring at me with tears in his eyes. He opened the box and said the sweetest things and then asked me to be his wife. Before I could even answer him Gavin came running up with another ornament yelling "Its a pickle Besamy, a pickel!!!"  Some people say that ruined the moment, but I think it made it perfect. I love that little blonde boy, and I love that he was such a special part of our engagement.  After I stopped laughing, and hung the pickle of course, I did say yes. 
 
 
 
 
4. Show us your wedding rings or an engagement photo!
 
 
 
5. Tell us why you think marriage doesn't work for so many. What can we do to make things last?
 
Now I'm no expert by far but I do know that marriage is HARD- anyone who is married knows that.  I think so many marriages don't last because people don't know how to make it through the hard. You need to know how to love, how to respect, how to communicate, how to argue, how to compromise and how to forgive and move on. The second you cant do one of those things, the marriage can fall to pieces.  A marriage is between two people, that is all- so you have to block out the outside influences and just focus on the two of you. If you're having problems communicating, or if there are pressures that are making it hard don't just give up- talk to someone like a pastor, a marriage counselor, or a therapist. There is no shame in needing some help, if it means that it will save your marriage.  Remember, you got married because you love each other. Show that love to each other everyday. Give kisses and hugs, write notes to each other, hold hands, go on dates, rekindle the love; do whatever it is that made you fall in love with each other. If you love each other, respect each other and figure out how to make it through the hard you'll be just fine. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your wedding!
    I love your rings(oh my gosh so pretty!)
    I LOVE your cake! And funfetti(who doesn't love funfetti?)
    And I realllly love your dress and the dresses your bridesmaids wore!
    Love. It. All.
    :))
    Mal
    fromcaliforniatokansas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you were able to get married in the same place that 2 previous generations had been married in! And your cake is so cute and different!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)