Wednesday, August 22, 2012

If you knew me- your questions answered!!

I got tons of great questions- some as comments but a lot in email; and here I am to answer them all! Well, half of them today and Ill answer the other half later.  If you still have a burning question- you can always ask and I promise Ill answer! 

With all of the stuff you bought for Grayson, did you have a registry regret?

I have two. One would be our monitor. We registered for and received an The Fisher Price Lights and Sounds analog monitor.


It sucked. If anything electric was placed between the base and the receiver (because we have NOTHING electrical in our house?!) it blasted out this wretched beep that sounded like Morris Code and scared the crap out of you at 2 AM. So we tossed that and got the Graco Secure Coverage Digital Monitor and it works amazingly well. I do wish, however, that from the start we had registered for and received a video monitor.  I realize that once little man is in a toddler bed, were going to want to know whats going on in there- so we're going to have to bite the bullet and buy one here soon. I just wish they were not so darned expensive!

The second is our stroller. Don't get me wrong, I love Chicco but that thing is HUGE. It takes up the whole cargo space of my SUV, and that can sometimes be very annoying.  Had I known what I know now I would have gone for a smaller stroller. My current lust is the Britax B-Agile- hear that, hubs?!

You said once that Grayon was a good sleeper- when did he start sleeping through the night and how long does he sleep now?

Grayson first slept through the night at 5 weeks old. Even before that he only woke up once at around 3 am to eat really quick, then he was back out till morning. Now he goes down somewhere between 8 and 9 depending on the day and he wakes up usually around 6, will have his morning bubba and be back out till around 9. So total hes sleeping somewhere between 11-13 hours per night. I cant complain about his sleeping habits at all.

I was wondering, how is the C25K coming?

I finished the program, but Im not a big fan of running. When Im running I think of all of the things I could be doing or need to be doing, and I zone out and nearly fall on my face. Its dangerous for a klutz like me. I think we're going to run a 5K together in the fall, but I much prefer things like Zumba or Spinning that I have to concentrate on what the person leading the class is showing me. Oh, and I can laugh with others. I like to laugh, even if it is at myself.

I know that your husband is handy, but what does he do for a living?

He works in a family business as a project manager for a flooring and general contracting company. I also whore him out to the teachers I work with to do side projects for them- because I know what they make and they deserve a break.

Do you volunteer anywhere?

Not on a regular basis, unless you count the hours after school I tutor the children who don't pay attention to me the first time I teach it (I kid, I kid- well in some cases).  I used to be really involved in my church, but when I moved in with the hubs it was 45 minutes from my home church so it makes it hard to do all of the stuff I would like to do.

I read in Grayson's Birth Story that you let your husband name him, and I was just wondering how you gave him all of that responsibility?  Did you have a list of names and he picked off of there? Im preggers, and my dh wants to name our little girl and I'm terrified to let him!

Let me clarify, Patrick (that's the hub's name btw) REFUSED to agree on a name for the Bean until he held him.  Way early on in my pregnancy I had a dream that it was a boy and that I named him Grayson. Originally Patrick haaaaaaaaated the name, but I was adamant that it was kept on the list. He wanted to name him after his dad and my dad, or himself.  I told him there was already one Michael and one Patrick in the family, so those were out (though lord knows he kept trying!). As we got closer to d-day we had a list of 5 names that we kind of liked. Grayson Michael or Grayson Patrick, Zachary David, Michael James, Emmanuel James, Jason Patrick, and finally Thomas Patrick.  I was all set for a fight, but after the delivery I was so tired I told Patrick that he could name him no fights- I was too tired to fight about it anymore.  Once he held him he just knew, he was a Grayson.  He looked at me and said he wanted to him to have his middle name in honor of his Dad, and that was that.  I figured he could be Grayson whatever, because I felt like I had won the name lottery.

When is baby #2 coming?!?!

Woah nellie!! This one still has that whole new baby smell to him! Haha! Seriously, I want another baby, I do. But I had to give up every sick day I had to get my full 8 weeks off with Grayson, and still ended up taking 3 unpaid weeks off. So I have to save up some sick time so that I don't have to EVER do that again.  Going to work with the stomach flu because you literally cant take a day off, sucks big time.  We're thinking maybe in 2 or 3 years to start trying. Of course Grayson was totally not planned at all, so you never know. 

Did you have a feeling that it would be a boy or a girl when you were pregnant?

Seriously, every person in my husbands family has children in the boy then girl order. I was sort of hoping to buck the tradition- but in my heart I knew it was going to be a boy.  Mainly because I love the color pink, and couldn't wait to do a girly nursery- we even EASILY agreed on a girls name.  It was all too easy, so I knew it had to be a boy.

When are you going to do a house tour?


To be honest, Ive never thought of it.  I figured no one would care about my life enough to want to see what our house looked like, esp because it is a work in progress.  I guess it is something to think about though, and to get up on the blog.  Maybe when I find a good Link Up on it and I have the energy to hide all of the toys!

What got you started sharing Tips and Tricks?

Literally, some days my life is a mess and I need all of the help I can get. I started looking for answers to my questions and I couldn't keep track of everything. So when I cant remember something, I write it down or in this case, I blog it. Once I had it all together and hit publish it went Pinterest crazy and people wanted more, so I just kept going!


Stay Tuned for Part 2! 

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the Fisher Price monitor - we had one and every time I walked past it it would make an electrical whirring sound. Very odd.


    BTW, I don't know if you take much stock in this sort of thing but I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! I was lucky enough to receive it myself and have the honour of choosing other bloggers to also receive it and you were on my list!

    You can find out more about it here:

    http://rinwriting.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)